Community Housing of Wyandotte County (CHWC, Inc.) is a comprehensive community development corporation whose mission is to stabilize, revitalize, and reinvest in Kansas City, Kansas through improved housing and related quality of life initiatives. We build and renovate beautiful, efficient, durable, healthy homes; promote sustainable homeownership through one on one coaching, classes, and financial assistance; and engage and strengthen neighborhoods through arts, green initiatives, and youth enterprise development.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Organizes, coordinates, and manages the overall maintenance programs including exterior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Required to be “on call” 24 hours.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing and performing minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner within the property performance measurements. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis.
- Accurately document work performed on service requests. Complete renewal service requests in a timely fashion within the property performance measurements.
- Follow-up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great “people” attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist.
- Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to “make-ready” status within the property performance measurements. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed.
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
- Assist with improvements as required
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives with the Community Manager daily.
- Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
- General apartment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of and previous experience in:
- Heating/AC repair
- Appliance Repair
- General Maintenance Repairs
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Steady and dependable
- Ability to work with pressure of deadlines
- Ability to flex work schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.